Eleonora Veninova is a writer and director of films and TV series. She earned a BA in journalism from Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, an MA in Screenwriting from California State University, Northridge and is an alumnus of the Serial Eyes Program for TV writing in Berlin, Germany. Her films “Hairs” and “Fighting for Death” have won a dozen awards and screened over 60 Oscar, BAFTA, and EFA qualifying festivals around the world. Her latest short film, “The Sign,” which she co-wrote and directed with Yona Rozenkier as part of the omnibus “SEE Factory”, premiered at the Director’s Fortnight Program at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival. She is currently involved in the post-production of her first feature film, “Sabattier Effect”, financed by the North Macedonian Film Agency, Serbian Film Centre, Eurimages and SEE Cinema Network.
- Co-Director/Writer (with Yona Rozenkier), The Sign, short. 2019, part of ‘SEE Factory’ omnibus film.
- Director, Writer, Fighting For Death, short. 2016.
- Writer, Golden Five, feature film. 2016.
- Director, Writer, The Piglet Who Wanted to Fly, animated short. 2015.
- Director, Writer, Hairs, drama-mystery short. 2013..
Getting a chance to talk and examine Pawlikowski’s films with the director himself in a closed setting is a precious opportunity, since it is very rare to get directors to speak openly and candidly about their creative work process.